Summer sports report
By clicking on the button, the map to the summer sports report appears.
The great heat of the last few days has also left its mark on the Rhone Glacier. A strong melting can be observed on the glacier (partly with ice collapses). Due to this fact the already existing lake is getting bigger and bigger.
- Due to the retreat of the glacier, rockfalls can occur in the area of the "exposed slopes" at the accesses to the glacier, the grotto or the surrounding area.
- Also the stay on the glacier tongue as well as in the area of the lake is risky.
- The municipality of Obergoms therefore asks all persons staying in the area of the Rhone glacier to be aware of this danger and to behave accordingly (self-responsibility). (July 2022 / Municipality of Obergoms)
- The bridge Muttbach (military road Furkapass direction Tälligrat) can no longer be set due to climate change (foundations of the bridge are shifting). On site, however, you will find a small diversions signalled with cairns - so crossing the stream is possible.
Rhonequelle forest road
- Due to storm damage in July 2021, the Rhonequelle forest road will be renovated from 16 August 2022 to 14 October 2022. (Accessible from Friday evening 17.00 hrs to Monday morning 07.00 hrs).