Villa de Selgingen
In former times Selkingen with Gluringen, Ritzingen and Biel was part of the large parish Münster with the name "Viertel Grafschaft". The name Grafschaft has been preserved in the local vernacular. Selkingen was first mentioned in writing in 1374 as Villa de Selgingen. Once upon a time, Selkinger also lived on the left bank of the Rotten. But the hamlets of Sechshäusern and Zeiterdorf were abandoned by their inhabitants. The Antonius Chapel above the village bears witness to the constant struggle against natural hazards such as avalanches and floods. A more recent testimony to this is the dam that has protected against the force of the Walibach since 2003.