At the foot of the Walibach
In 1277 Biel was still called Buele. Like Gluringen, Selkingen and Ritzingen, Biel was part of the Grafschaft district, of which the mountain village was the historical center as early as 1374. In 1827, half of the village fell victim to an avalanche. Since 2003, a dam protects against the vagaries of the Walibach. By the way, modern times arrived here early. Since 1915, Biel has been connected to the rest of the world via its railroad station.